Unity releases gameplay frequency report
|Richard Harris in Game Development Saturday, January 5, 2019|
From Unity developers who opted to share their analytics, a final report of Unity games' player statistics nationwide has been released, showing the most popular games, as well as how many millions of hours were spent playing Unity games.
Unity Technologies powers more than 50% of all new mobile games today. They have just released new data revealing how much time was spent playing on mobile devices in the United States in 2018 - and the numbers are a bit shocking.
US residents spent 6.926 billion hours playing mobile games in 2018. That’s an average of 21 hours and 6 minutes for every single person living in the country. It’s a huge number, and as you might suspect, there were some cities who topped the charts for time spent playing:
- Chicago: 131.038 million hours
- Houston: 97.411 million hours
- Los Angeles: 94.491 million hours
- Dallas: 78.581 million hours
- Brooklyn: 71.643 million hours
Games in the top 20 in terms of overall time spent playing in app:
- Happy Color - Color by Number (Android) (iOS)
- Panda Pop (Android) (iOS)
- New YAHTZEE With Buddies (Android) (iOS)
- Cashman Casino (Android) (iOS)
- Pixel Art: Color by Number (Android) (iOS)
- War Robots (Android) (iOS)
- Word Crossy (Android) (iOS)
- Solitaire TriPeaks (Android) (iOS)
- FarmVille 2: Country Escape (Android) (iOS)
- Best Fiends (Android) (iOS)
- Zynga Poker (Android) (iOS)
- The Wizard of Oz: Magic Match 3 (Android) (iOS)
- Hearthstone (Android) (iOS)
- Helix Jump (Android) (iOS)
- Merge Dragons (Android) (iOS)
- SimCity BuildIt (Android) (iOS)
- Duolingo (Android) (iOS)
- Idle Miner Tycoon (Android) (iOS)
- Sims 3 Deluxe (removed from sale)
- Design Home (Android) (iOS)
This data comes exclusively from Unity Technologies, which means the statistics presented here only reflect games that are using Unity Analytics, and are from those developers that have opted to share their data. In other words, while 6.9 billion hours sounds huge, the number reflecting how much time was spent in all mobile games in the United States would be even bigger.
Among the top 5 cities listed above, Brooklyn managed to buck a few of this year’s trends as the only top 5 cities to not include a paint-by-numbers app in their most played games. And Dallas spent 58 hours playing mobile games per citizen in 2018, which is more time than twice the national average.
Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.