Unity Ads SDK 3.0 come to game developers
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Unity Ads SDK 3.0 introduces personalized placements, AR and banner ads for game developers to earn more revenue from within their games, by customizing the users experience.
Unity has just launched the latest version of their Ads SDK, and it’s a doozy. The new Unity Ads SDK 3.0 introduces personalized placements, as well as two new ad formats: Augmented reality and Banner ads.
Personalized placements are particularly noteworthy. Now in open beta, personalized placements tie ads and in-app purchases into the same auction, serving the format that is most relevant to each individual user based on their individual player behavior. During the personalized placements closed beta, Unity observed an average 15% increase in revenues across the board for beta participants.
The Unity SDK release is significant for two reasons:
- It’s the first SDK they have released that goes beyond just ads - with Personalized Placements, Unity ties together your ads and in-app purchases into a single auction, serving the format that is most relevant to each individual user based on LTV
- Unity is now supporting additional formats to meet game developer needs. They are adding AR and banner formats to their list suite of ad formats that already include rewarded video, interstitials across video, display, and playables.
How do you enable Personalized Placements?
To participate in Personalized Placements, you need to use Unity Ads and IAP promotion.
How do you get the new Unity Ads SDK 3.0?
To get started, download the Unity Ads SDK 3.0 in the asset store.
Read more: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/add-ons/serv...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more