OpenShift Online lets developers deploy and scale public cloud-native apps
|Christian Hargrave in Open Source Tuesday, July 11, 2017|
The next gen of open source container-native and multi-tenant cloud platform, Red Hat Openshift Online, has been announced.
“Application agility and, more broadly, digital transformation has become not just a goal, but a necessary change for many enterprises across the world thanks in no small part to rapidly changing customer needs and competitive demands. Linux containers and cloud-native applications are helping to fuel these transformations. Red Hat OpenShift Online enables organizations to accelerate the path to production for their container-based applications by giving developers the ability to quickly begin new development projects and easily bring them into production in the enterprise.” -Ashesh Badani, vice president and general manager, OpenShift, Red Hat
OpenShift Online enables developers to build cloud-native apps on a cloud-based container platform without having to worry about the inherent complexity of provisioning, managing and scaling applications as demands change. With operations and management provided by Red Hat in the public cloud, developers can focus on writing the code for their business, prototyping new features, or working on their next big idea - all in a self-service environment.
OpenShift is a polyglot platform that supports multiple languages, including Java, Node.js, .NET, Ruby, Python, PHP and more. It offers optimized workflows to help configure and deploy applications on any given framework, such as Spring Boot, Eclipse Vert.x, Node.js and Red Hat JBoss Middleware, helping developers start their project easier and start coding faster.
- Simplified deployment: New one-click and “Git push” command deployment capabilities have been added to help streamline application provisioning and deployment for developers and sysadmins that do not need full control over the deployment lifecycle.
- Automatic scaling: Cloud elasticity is enabled through automatic application scaling, which helps eliminate the need for manual intervention from Operations when an increase in application load requires more application instances.
- S2I builds: Using the source-to-image (S2I) framework to build reproducible container images. This helps eliminate the need for developers to understand docker, or create and manage docker images, reducing errors and enabling them to focus on writing their applications in the language of their choice.
- IDE integration: The platform features built-in integration with popular integrated development environments (IDEs), including Eclipse, Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio, and Titanium Studio, enabling developers to stay within the IDE they are most comfortable with when working with OpenShift.
- Middleware services: OpenShift Application Services provide the powerful capabilities of products in the JBoss Middleware portfolio as cloud-based services on OpenShift. These services can be used by developers to build applications, integrate with other systems, orchestrate using rules and processes, and then deploy across hybrid environments.
Read more: http://manage.openshift.com/
Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.