Amazon has released the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK), a collection of self-service APIs and tools to help developers create new voice-driven capabilities for Alexa, Amazon’s cloud-based voice service that is behind the Amazon Echo device. Echo is a hybrid speaker that also offers voice recognition for answering questions and controlling smart devices.
The Alexa voice service that powers Echo, offers a set of built-in abilities, or skills, that enable customers to interact with devices in a more intuitive way using voice. Examples of these skills include the ability to play music, answer general questions, set an alarm and more. With the Alexa Skills Kit, developers can build and add “skills” to Alexa to provide voice driven functionality. Customers can access skills by asking Alexa a question or making a command.
Developers that have an existing cloud-based service can use that service to start working with the kit. Or they can utilize the AWS Lambda compute service to build a cloud-based service. To get started with the Alexa Skills Kit, Amazon recommends reviewing the following materials in order:
- Read the Getting Started Guide, which details how users interact with a specific type of Alexa skill and how to conduct a conversation with customers.
- Read the AWS Lambda documentation.
- Check out the Voice Design Handbook for best practices on voice user interface design.
- Review the Alexa Skills Interface Reference to learn more about the syntax of the requests that will be sent to a specific service.
- Check out the reference skills to see sample code.
- Learn how to test a new skill with an Amazon Echo.
- Sign up for a free account and register on the developer portal.
Amazon has set up the $100 million Alexa Fund which is open to anyone with an innovative idea, from early-stage pre-revenue companies that are just starting out to established brands, for the Alexa voice technology. Areas of particular interest to Amazon include:
- Hardware products for inside or outside the home that would benefit from Alexa’s voice interface.
- Alexa experiences that deliver new abilities to Alexa-enabled devices.
- New contributions to the science behind voice technology, including text to speech, natural language understanding, and automatic speech recognition.
Read more: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devi...
Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.