Syncfusion introduces new flutter widgets
|Richard Harris in Programming Thursday, December 5, 2019|
Syncfusion announced the launch of its new suite of Flutter widgets, including data visualization and 20+ interactive charts.
Syncfusion, Inc. is proud to announce the release of its new suite of Flutter widgets. Syncfusion’s Essential Studio for Flutter comes with powerful, user-friendly, and feature-rich charts and a data visualization widget, a radial gauge, written natively in Dart, making them compatible for Android, iOS, and web with no changes needed in the source code.
“Syncfusion has a great reputation for reusable, enterprise-grade components for Windows developers,” said Chris Sells, product manager, Flutter developer experience, for Google. “We are excited to have them bring that same expertise and attention to detail to Flutter. We're very happy to have them!”
Flutter is Google’s open-source mobile app development SDK. Developers can create natively compiled cross-platform mobile applications from a single code base with a fast development cycle, flexible UIs and widgets, hot reload, and native performance. Add these initial advantages to Syncfusion’s stellar support team, frequent updates, intuitive APIs, and focus on performance, and developers can create sharp Flutter apps in no time.
The Syncfusion Flutter widget suite, built from scratch and written natively in Dart, includes the following:
- Charts: a mobile-friendly, easy-to-use, cross-platform charting widget for adding beautiful charts to mobile apps. It contains 20+ chart types such as line, bar, area, spline, pie, and doughnut. The charts’ high performance helps render large amounts of data quickly on your mobile devices. It also comes with a wide variety of features, including zooming, panning, tooltip, crosshair, trackball, and events to make the charts more interactive.
- Radial Gauge: a data visualization widget that helps to display numerical values on a circular scale. It has a rich set of features such as axes, ranges, pointers, and annotations that are fully customizable and extendable. Using this Flutter radial gauge, users can create a speedometer, temperature monitor, dashboard, multi-axis clock, watch, activity gauge, directional compass, and more.
A calendar widget is also in the works for the next release. New widgets will be added to the suite regularly, as well as new features for existing widgets.
“As one of the most popular open-source projects among developers in 2019, it was important for us to deliver tools to support this growing framework,” said Daniel Jebaraj, vice president of Syncfusion. “Our active development community will now be able to quickly and easily create rich mobile applications, all with a single code base.”
Developers are welcome to request controls to be added to the suite through our feedback portal. A free, 30-day trial is also available.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more