Apple Purchases Burstly and its TestFlight App Beta Testing Platform
|Richard Harris in iOS Saturday, February 22, 2014|
Multiple sources are confirming that Apple has purchased Burstly, which services include the SkyRocket in-app ad management platform and the TestFlight platform used to distribute beta and internal apps over-the-air.
Rumors are rampant as to why Apple has purchased the company. It seems there is a consensus that TestFlight is the part of the company that Apple really was interested in and it could make sense based on the limited options for beta testing iOS apps.
Of course Apple isn’t saying and there is no information on the Burstly, TestFlight or SkyRocket websites so we’ll all have to keep guessing. We’ll keep a watch on these sites to see if any new news surfaces and if you want to watch yourself, the link to the Burstly site is shown below.
Read more: http://www.burstly.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more