App Developers Should Consider Using a Soft Launch to Test App Market Readiness
|Richard Harris in Marketing & Promotion Friday, May 23, 2014|
We have to make a lot of assumptions in life, both in our business and personal lives. A lot of these assumptions are based on our experiences, however are you truly sure that your previous experience with app promotion and marketing is enough to successfully launch your app in a market that rapidly changes as quickly as mobile?
And so you should consider conducting a soft launch prior to full release. A soft launch - a controlled release of your game in a test market outside your primary market - can produce valuable feedback about your game's market readiness before you invest in a broader, more expensive launch.
To learn more about how to conduct a soft launch, you can read a new ebook from Fisku titled, “Learn First, Start Strong: The benefits of Using a Test Market for Your Soft Launch.” The publication provides a comprehensive look at soft launch strategies for mobile game companies.
Highlights of the publication include:
- Guidelines to help you decide what data to gather from a soft launch.
- An outline of key user engagement metrics including user experience and monetization.
- A summary of best practices on what to check prior to initiating a soft launch.
- Advice on when to launch and how to analyze your data and make changes to your app.
- A soft launch typically takes about 2-4 weeks and can ultimately save you both time and money while increasing your chances for success.
The book is free to download and you can do so here.
Read more: http://www.fiksu.com/blog/learn-first-start-strong...