Appthority Releases Summer 2013 App Reputation Report
|Richard Harris in iOS Tuesday, August 6, 2013|
Appthority conducted the study of 400 mainstream iOS and Android free and paid apps. Appthority examined the apps for specific performance tendencies utilizing the company’s App Risk Management Service.
Surprisingly, the report indicates that iOS apps show more risky behaviors than Android apps, with 91% of iOS apps exhibiting risky behavior as compared to 80% of Android apps. The company also discovered several popular iOS apps that still access a users unique device identifier (UDID), even though Apple does not allow this method of tracking iOS users.
The full report can be accessed at https://www.appthority.com/app-reputation-report/infographic0713.html
Read more: https://www.appthority.com/press-releases/cccccapp...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more