What Metrics Should You Consider When Determining the Success of Your App
|Stuart Parkerson in Marketing & Promotion Friday, January 23, 2015|
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is a critical component when considering how to create a plan on gaining and keeping users. And whether your business model is driven by in-app advertising, purchases, or paid subscriptions, driving your revenue is fundamentally dependent on personalization and engagement.
Consider your app users. There is a wealth of insight to be learned simply by analyzing your monthly average users (MAUs), weekly average users (WAUs) or daily average users (DAUs). You can break these user metrics out by day, device, country, time of day, and more to identify how, when, and from where your users are accessing your app. With analytics, you can split user reports by retention and highlight your most active users.
To help developers drill down and understand what metrics they should pay attention to and how to leverage the opportunity this information represents, Localytics has published a free eBook: The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement.
The guide covers the following:
- Discusses in detail the eight engagement metrics that you should be measuring for your specific app’s success, including why they’re critical and how they impact your bottom line.
- Suggestions for running marketing campaigns and boosting ROI.
- Statistics around understanding your user behavior and how it impacts your app’s performance.
- How to get started in structuring your specific analytic profile.
- How to create and run targeted app marketing campaigns.
The publication is available as a free download on the Localytics website.
Read more: http://info.localytics.com/4d-8-critical-app-engag...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more