Weekly Roundup: 1b Apps on Metaps, Apple Arrives in Brazil, HP Access Catalog, Glass Etiquette, Amazon Coins, And Mobile Privacy
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Saturday, February 22, 2014|
What’s wrong with collecting personal information? In short – nothing. Commerce has always been about a mutually beneficial exchange; providing products and services in return for cash or an equivalent value exchange. New business models such as free-2-play or ad-funded content have accelerated the growth of the data-fuelled app economy. However the data collected is a consumer’s personal identity, their behavior, their contact details and perhaps the friends they share content with. So the challenge is to make sure that the exchange, like any other commercial activity, is transparent, fair to both parties and importantly, based on informed consent.Too often consumers are left in the dark about the way companies are making use of their... full story
- Report: How The Most Successful Apps Make Money Globally
- Localytics Predicts Huge App Marketing Opportunities for Developers in Europe
- Movidius and Google Partner to Bring New Vision Processor Technology for Enhanced App Development
- Windows Phone App Studio Beta Receives Updates
- Opera Mediaworks Announces Benchmarks in Advance of World Mobile Congress
- IoT Design Shop Releases New iBeacon Development Kit For Bluetooth Proximity Services
- Report Shows Most People Don't Trust Mobile Security When Purchasing Goods and Services
- Get a Square Card Reader For Mobile And Help Fight Aids
- Will Closed Smart Device Systems Squeeze Out App Developers?
- Free Report: Mobile Apps Driving $57 billion Digital Content Industry
- Amazon Expands the Availability of Amazon Coins for Android Devices
- Google Lists Glass Wearer Etiquette
- AppLift’s Customer Lifetime Value Optimization Technology Yields 150% Return On Investment For Aeria Games
- How Long Does It Take To Make a Flappy Bird Clone?
- App Developers See More Diversification in App Monetization Options with New MobPartner Platform
- Will New App Monetization Opportunities Arise for Developers from Affectiva’s New Affdex SDK?
- Apple Introduces a New Sales and Trends Area
- Developer Week Kicks Off In San Francisco
- New HP Access Catalog Joins the Growing Ranks of Enterprise App Store Solutions
- Apple Opens 1st Brazilian Retail Store
- Put a BlackBerry Style Keyboard On An iPhone
- Android Developers Can Win Up to $8,000 in Cash With New Motion Control Contest
- Chirp GPS Tracking App for Family and Friends Gets a Huge Update
- Android Developers See Over 1 Billion Apps Downloaded on the Metaps Platfor
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.