Unity is releasing in beta its new game analytics services, Unity Analytics (formerly Playnomics). Unity Analytics gathers data from a Unity game and transfers that data to a cloud-based datastore. From there, Unity’s segmentation technology processes and analyzes the data which is then delivered to the Unity Analytics Dashboard.
The web-based dashboard allows developers to monitor simple game performance metrics and as they grow more familiar with the Unity Analytics’ tools. The open beta dashboard comes with explanations and tips built into the interface to help the process of familiarizing with workflows and tools.
Features of the platform:
- Data Explorer: Examine how specific audiences are performing. For example, compare how iOS users stack up against Android users, see which groups of users have the highest Day 1 retention and more.
- Metric Monitor: Gives a high level view of how many players a game has, how long they are playing, who’s staying and who is spending money. Track KPIs in an accessible format.
- Custom Data Collection: Gain insight into players by capturing monetization statistics, user demographics and custom event information. Find out if in-app purchase revenue is legitimate or fraudulent through receipt verification. Beak down players by specific segments such as age, gender and location.
- Funnel Analyzer: Track players with custom funnels to learn how players progress through a game and where they drop off.
- Segment Builder: Create custom dynamic segments based on user attributes and game behavior patterns. The platform provides over 20 predefined segments to help with segmentation.
- Custom Event Metrics: Target unique custom events, track them over time, and define and monitor associated event properties.
Read more: http://unity3d.com/unity/analytics/
The analytics service
is free to Unity developers and currently supports iOS and Android apps with planned future support for additional platforms.
This guide titled, "100 Questions and Answers to help you land your Dream iOS Job" can help you through some further questions related to landing a job related to iOS. With 100 Questions and Answers categorized by seniority and with reviews from some of the top iOS engineers worldwide, this book will level up how you make interviews for your favorite platform.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.