Secrets for Android Developers on Launching Apps on Google Play
|Richard Harris in Android Sunday, November 16, 2014|
The numbers are hard to ignore - 50 billion apps and games downloaded and $5 billion over the last year to developers. So what is the secret to success launching apps on Google Play?
I don’t imagine Google is giving away insider company secrets, however they have put together a new publication called “The Secrets to App Success on Google Play.” They are promoting the publication as a detailed playbook on the best practices and tools developers can use to maximize the reach, retention, and revenue of a new app.
The guide can be download the guide in English as a PDF and it also can be found on Google Play. There are plans to release the guide in more languages in the coming months. As a bonus for living in the US or the UK, Google also has a limited number of printed copies that they are offering to send for free.
The guide is separated into the following sections:
- Publishing on Google Play: Using the Google Play Developer Console to distribute your app to over 1 billion Android users worldwide.
- Quality: The fundamentals of building a great app and an insight into the Google Play guidelines and policies.
- Discoverability & reach: Maximizing app discoverability and reaching the widest audience possible.
- Engagement & retention: Converting installs into active users and improving user retention.
- Monetization: Monetization strategies to generate ongoing, growing revenue streams.
- Measurement with Google Analytics: Understanding your users and improving your app experience, conversions, and marketing.
- Going global: Launch apps in local markets around the world.
Read more: http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/androiddev...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more