Report finds American gamers more likely to buy inapp purchases than anyone
Thursday, January 12, 2017
New Liftoff report says that gamers in America are more likely to make in-app purchases than anywhere else, including EMEA and APAC users.
The new report analyzed millions of post-install events within gaming apps to uncover some surprising data around mobile gamer engagement across gender, geography, seasons and sub-category of game.
Here's a highlight of some of the findings:
- Americans are more engaged than European mobile gamers and 260% more likely to make an in-app purchase
- The North American install-to-purchase engagement rate is 94% higher than APAC
- Mobile card game players are 241% more likely to purchase in-app than action-adventure players
- Women register and spend within gaming apps at a higher rate versus men, making them more cost effective to acquire overall
“As we expand our business into APAC, we’re interested to see how mobile engagement varies in regions across the globe,” said Mark Ellis, Liftoff’s CEO. “Only by analyzing in-app behavior throughout the world can marketers truly understand how to target the best users and get the most value out of their marketing spend.”
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more