Opera Completes Acquisition of AdColony Mobile Advertising Platform
|Richard Harris in Monetize Monday, August 11, 2014|
Opera has announced that it has completed the acquisition of AdColony, a video advertising platform that provides mobile advertising to publishers and advertisers.
According to company statements, the AdColony brand and company will remain as an independent entity, with continued focus on developing video monetization and advertising products. Will Kassoy, CEO of AdColony, will continue to run day-to-day operations at AdColony in addition to taking on a new role as CMO of Opera Mediaworks, which has a reach of more than 700 million global consumers.
What AdColony brings to the table is its platform providing TV- like video ads in HD across iOS and Android. AdColony’s Instant-Play video ad technology helps eliminates latency and long load times for video playback on mobile devices.
According to Opera in addition to integrating AdColony’s technology and expertise in the mobile video business into Opera’s mobile ad business (including its programmatic offerings), AdColony will offer opportunities to incorporate mobile video technology across Opera’s consumer and operator products.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more