New Report Highlights the Monetization Value of Repeat Mobile Game Users
|Stuart Parkerson in Monetize Tuesday, February 16, 2016|
In its Q1 2016 Mobile Gaming Insights research SOOMLA is reporting that game users who completed an in-app purchase in one game are six times more likely to pay in another game, compared to users who haven’t made a purchase. Also those users who paid $25 or more in one game are 40% more likely to pay in a second game.
The research is derived from game play from over 20 million players from more than 200 countries. The findings emphasize the monetization value of the contribution of cross-game purchase data to the ability to predict paying users as well the value of knowing a user’s in-app purchase history by genres played, dollars spent and virtual items bought.
Other report findings include:
- Quick payers (first in-app purchase within 24 hours of install) are nine times more likely to pay in another game.
- Developers who leverage holiday incentives achieve an average revenue per paying user (ARPPU) lift in December of 83% above the annual average.
- For each in-game item users purchase with real currency, an average of 18 additional items are purchased with virtual currency.
- 65% of all app revenue comes from “lifetime” goods such as characters, level packs, remove ads which cost $2.60 USD on average.
- “Single use” goods such as "save me", ammo, 30-second boost, etc. account for 71% of all in-game purchases.
- Daily active users increase as much as 33% over weekends, and this occurs primarily on phones, although sessions on tablets are often longer.
- Usage patterns differ across game genres with strategy games seeing the highest average session duration of 11 minutes - 2.6 times more than other genres.
- 13% of payers in a given game will also pay in another game.
- 33% of all users play only one session before churning.
- Only 6% of all users will play more than 20 sessions.
- Strategy Games are the most engaging with an average session duration of 11 minutes (2.6 times more than other genres).
Read more: https://soom.la/resources/2016-q1-insights-report
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more