New HTML5 Ad Validator Tests Ad Creatives Against IAB Guidelines
Sunday, May 8, 2016
The IAB Technology Laboratory recently released the HTML5 Ad Validator, an online tool that allows for testing of mobile and desktop ad creative against the IAB Display Creative Guidelines. It offers critical analysis to help build ad creative that delivers better user experience.
The testing tool also provides feedback into additional factors that are relevant to optimizing ad creative including:
- Breakdown of file types by weight
- All URLs accessed by the ad
- Snapshots of how the ad displays at 1 second intervals to show progression over time
- Click tags or links to specific advertising landing pages and redirects
- CPU usage
The IAB has also released an update to its HTML5 for Digital Advertising report with display guidelines that have been updated to reference HTML5 ad requirements. Extensive ad load performance testing was done over a period of 4 -5 months to collect performance data of different types of ad units on real publisher pages across browsers and controlled network speeds to reflect average internet and mobile usage to conclude optimum file weights.
The revised guide provides advice on ad development in HTML5, including tips for generating, packaging, and testing ads, as well as tips for ad designers and developers on how to work with ad operations to ensure ads will load and work as expected in a live campaign.
Read more: http://platform.iabtechlab.com/IABHTML5/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more