Five Different Types of App User Retention
|Richard Harris in Marketing & Promotion Monday, March 3, 2014|
Thomas Sommer of AppLift has posted a nice article discussing user retention.
As Thomas mentions on the blog, “The purpose of this article is not to affirm which definition is the right one, but rather to establish a list of the main retention computation methods, and take a look at what they are good for. No method is necessarily better than another in absolute terms, they are just suited for different analytical goals.”
Thomas presents five types of user retention efforts which he explains are not “official” designations but best explain what they are. The five are Full Retention, Classic Retention, Rolling Retention, Return Retention, and Bracket-Dependent Return Retention. He explains each one in terms of how it is computed, where and when it is used, and a day 28 example.
To check out the article for yourself here.
Read more: http://www.applift.com/blog/user-retention.html
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more