Cost to develop mobile apps
Friday, November 1, 2019
In a study by SmartBrain.io from more than 400 deals between Eastern European contractors and international startups, the average cost of developing a mobile app in Europe is 23k versus 171k in the United States.
According to SmartBrain.io, the average cost to develop a mobile app in Eastern Europe is $23,000 versus $171,450 in the U.S.
SmartBrain.io analyzed data from more than 400 deals between Eastern European contractors and international startups and found out that developing a new app in Poland, Romania, Ukraine, or another Eastern European country requires, on average, 7.4 times less capital than doing the same in North America.
Different industry surveys in the U.S. quote costs ranging from $100,000 to $500,000 for an enterprise mobile app. According to a Clutch survey, the median price to create an app is $171,450.
• Technical documentation costs for a new mobile app in Eastern Europe are now around $2,000, according to SmartBrain.io, and require up to two weeks to complete.
• Developing an interface would take around three weeks and $3,000.
• The server side of an application costs starts from $5,000, taking four weeks.
• The costs and time frames of developing an iOS or Android version are similar and start from $5,000, taking four weeks.
• QA (or a quality assurance) testing in Eastern Europe would take only one week and $500.
• Content manager services cost around $500, taking one week.
• The prices for the project management services on average reach $2,000 for the duration of app development
"These prices are applicable for senior developers," commented Vasily Voropaev, CEO and founder at SmartBrain.io.
"The level of their professionalism is very high and can pretty much guarantee flawless results although the cost breakdown doesn't reflect other factors, such as different app features — push notifications, navigation, geolocation, and CIO salary."
According to Voropaev, hiring a professional CIO in Eastern Europe would cost a minimum of $100 per hour depending on their portfolio and experience.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more