Biometric authentication for messaging apps is now available
|Christian Hargrave in Security Wednesday, September 26, 2018|
A new biometric authentication solution for messaging apps has been announced by ID R&D to provide a secure and private setting for users to send messages.
ID R&D has announced the release of biometric authentication technology for messaging. The new solution, SafeMessage, offers multi-layer continuous authentication across messaging platforms without any impact to the user experience. ID R&D will be demoing SafeMessage, as well as its other voice and behavioral biometric products, at FinovateFall.
SafeMessage provides authentication of verified users when integrated across messaging platforms, including Signal, WhatsApp, Telegram, Skype, Slack, and others. Using SafeMessage, users will receive a positive ID icon with each incoming message, ensuring the authentic biometric identity of the sender. There are no additional steps that are required by a sender to enable this authentication check. All biometric data is collected during the natural interaction between a sender and a device. SafeMessage is designed to provide an additional layer of security for the enterprise and the public at large while communicating on messaging platforms.
Should an employee forget to log out of a computer or lose a cell phone, any attempts to send messages on those devices will be flagged as fraudulent in real time, and any recipients will be alerted immediately that the sender is unauthorized. Parents can be sure that the messages they receive from their children are verified and not sent by imposters.
SafeMessage provides frictionless, yet continuous authentication, and can also differentiate between an authorized user and a voice recording or a computer-generated simulation (for voice input). By integrating multiple biometric technologies and deploying them passively, ID R&D’s solutions protect the most sensitive data and communications against sophisticated attacks while simultaneously enhancing the user experience.
SafeMessage combines voice, behavioral, and facial recognition, along with voice and facial “liveness” analysis to provide unmatched authentication and security. Requiring a mere 1-2 seconds of free speech, keystrokes, or facial scans, SafeMessage adds to ID R&D’s suite of comprehensive, frictionless biometric solutions.
ID R&D solutions include:
- IDVoice, its voice biometric solution that authenticates users by evaluating individual users’ biometric voice signature
- IDBehave, its low-footprint behavioral biometrics solution
- IDAnti-Spoof, its security solution that can distinguish between human voice and computer-generated or modified voice (TTS and VC)
- SafeChat, a continuous multimodal biometric verification product for chatbots and virtual assistants
- IDSquared, the company’s flagship solution for mobile login which combines facial recognition and behavioral biometrics during login input
“ID R&D is thrilled to be the first to introduce frictionless authentication to messaging apps and platforms. Now secure and seamless communication is a possibility for all end users, whether over text, mobile app, instant message, chat, or the internet,” said Alexey Khitrov, CEO of ID R&D. “For enterprises seeking to protect sensitive data while delivering an enhanced communications UX, ID R&D’s solutions deliver incomparable results.”
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more