IDVoice biometric security update has been released
|Richard Harris in Security Friday, June 22, 2018|
AI-based biometric security solution that increases user authentication accuracy by 40% is now available through the Samsung SDS Digital Identity Platform
ID R&D released the newest version of its most advanced voice biometric security solution, IDVoice. Additionally, ID R&D is announcing that both IDVoice and its behavioral biometric security solution, IDBehave, are now available on the Samsung SDS Digital Identify Platform.
IDVoice is a mobile-optimized voice biometric solution that authenticates users by evaluating more than 100 unique characteristics that comprise a user’s biometric voice signature. ID R&D’s accurate voice biometrics use a low-memory footprint, which is well suited for mobile and IoT applications.
Both the newest release of IDVoice, as well as ID R&D’s behavioral biometrics solution IDBehave, are now available via the Samsung SDS Digital Identity Platform. IDBehave is an advanced behavioral biometrics solution that identifies unique patterns in the way people interact with devices in order to accurately verify their identity. This provides an extra layer of security to mobile devices beyond simple passwords. Utilizing both solutions, the Samsung platform offers enhanced security solutions that minimize fraud and protect consumers.
In a recent Samsung SDS blog, Richard Lobovsky, Vice President of Enterprise Solutions at Samsung SDSA, wrote: “The Samsung SDS Digital Identity Platform features Nexsign, a FIDO certified risk-based biometric authentication solution, which forgoes passwords in favor of biological information, such as fingerprint, facial or voice scan, to authenticate customers. ID R&D’s voice biometrics allows Nexsign to verify user identities by the way they speak (voice biometrics) or interact with devices (behavioral biometrics). Through the platform, users create a passphrase that could be as simple as a favorite sports team or the name of a pet, which they authenticate by speaking that passphrase into the phone.”
The latest upgrades to IDVoice included in the Samsung SDS Digital Identify Platform are:
- Anti-spoofing capabilities: IDVoice now addresses three types of attacks: recorded voices, computer-generated voices, and computer-modified speech.
- A smaller footprint: The newest generation of IDVoice algorithms have a much smaller footprint, which increases usability on mobile and IoT devices. Algorithms can be as small as 2 MB.
- Accuracy: The newest IDVoice version combines a proprietary p-vector approach with AI methodology to improve accuracy by 40%.
“Our goal at ID R&D is to make logging into a device, app, or website completely stress-free and frictionless,” said Alexey Khitrov, CEO of ID R&D. “We’re excited to work with Samsung SDS to offer our advanced AI-based voice biometrics, anti-spoofing, and keystroke dynamics. A rapidly growing number of companies are turning to ID R&D to minimize the time taken to complete security checks and maximize the time customers spend on apps, websites, or devices. The ID R&D team, with over 25 years of experience in biometrics, is delivering simplified authentication for end users across a variety of industries including education, healthcare, banking, finance, automotive, and more - while offering unmatched security for vendors and organizations.”
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more