WhatsApp chooses Nexmo for their business solution
|Christian Hargrave in Messaging Monday, August 6, 2018|
Mobile messaging app, WhatsApp, chooses Nexmo to provide messaging API services to their new WhatsApp Business solution.
Vonage announced that Nexmo is a provider for the new WhatsApp Business solution. In limited availability, WhatsApp is now opening its doors to businesses, allowing them to communicate with their customers on a more engaging platform.
By leveraging Nexmo APIs to simplify their integrations and handle the complexity of maintenance and operations, WhatsApp Business users can focus on elevating their customer communications, meeting customers where they are, and ultimately improving customer loyalty.
"At Vonage, we believe companies want to communicate with their customers on their platform of choice, whether that is SMS, chat, or social messaging," said Omar Javaid, Chief Product Officer for Vonage. "As a global platform, WhatsApp has been our customers' number one requested channel. In response to that, we're so excited to work with WhatsApp, a company that is quickly gaining traction among businesses as a common messaging platform."
Nexmo enhances the WhatsApp Business by:
- Single Abstracted API: With just a simple API call, businesses can easily send WhatsApp pre-set template messages without having to manage the complexity of enterprise software. Businesses do not have to host, scale or manage updates; Nexmo handles that for them.
- Optimal Messaging Experience: Nexmo provides optional failover to SMS. So if a message isn't read or delivered via WhatsApp, the messages can be sent via SMS. This helps ensure that companies are getting their messages to their customers.
Nexmo APIs also provide real-time insights with delivery callbacks that provide information such as message status (delivered, read, or sent), cost and any applicable errors. This enables businesses to optimize their messaging strategy and deliver messages on their customers' preferred channel while optimizing operational costs. Messages are encrypted from Nexmo to the customer's device, maintaining the integrity of sensitive information.
Eric Le Guiniec, VP of Global Sales, Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, commented, "Nexmo aligns with WhatsApp's goal to help businesses drive deeper customer relationships using innovative business communications solutions. With the scalable, robust Nexmo platform, businesses leveraging the WhatsApp Business solution will experience simple integrations, ongoing maintenance, and the freedom to focus on what matters most - connecting to their customers."
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more