Are Instagram and Facebook Apps Game Changers for Windows Phone
|Richard Harris in Windows Mobile Wednesday, October 23, 2013|
These apps will fill gaping holes in the Windows 8 app ecosystem, and perhaps more importantly, will help solidify Microsoft’s mobile offerings as a viable alternative to iOS and Android.
It has recently been reported that in situations where popular apps are not available, Microsoft has started publishing web apps that repackage websites of popular apps including TMZ, Cars.com, Orbitz, and many others. The apps are not officially affiliated with the website providers. Can these offering push these and other companies to climb on board with official Windows 8 apps?
So kudos for Microsoft for not sitting on its hands and instead pushing companies to publish apps on its ecosystem. Its reminds us of when Fox debuted its network in 1986. The pundits said that the new network would never make it, yet by 2007 was it the most watched broadcast network. Blackberry has given up, but Microsoft is still in the fight and is in it for the long term.
Read more: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/windowsexperien...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more