Zendesk Releases Mobile SDK for Developers to Enable Better Customer Support in Their Apps
|Richard Harris in Programming Wednesday, December 31, 2014|
Zendesk has released a suite of embeddable features that allow companies to build customer support and engagement into mobile and web apps, websites, games, and other online experiences.
Zendesk Embeddables is launching with a new mobile SDK and Web widget that allow companies to offer self-service through a help center, ticket submissions and real-time chat with customers within the context of their mobile app or online channels. The platform solves the problem of users having to visit a separate help section or leave an app for service.
In addition to solving customer service issues, the platform also provide customer service agents with more context in their customer interactions so they can better personalize support. On mobile, for example, they can gather more technical details about a device or know where in an app a customer ran into an issue.
Zendesk Embeddables are available at no cost through Zendesk’s customer service platform. With three clicks, developers can add the Web widget to their website or app. By including one line of code, developers can embed the mobile SDK. Organizations also have the option to deploy more advanced and customized integrations with the Zendesk API.
- Native: Written in both Objective C and Java, one for each of the two major platforms (iOS and Android).
- Intuitivea; Very easy to build and integrate.
- Customizable; Overridable to provide the best experience possible for customers, without any brand discrepancy.
- Contextual; Picks up custom information that can be passed back to the tickets.
More information is available on the Zendesk website.
Read more: https://www.zendesk.com/embeddables
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more