VMworld conference 2019 announcements
|Christian Hargrave in Cloud Services Tuesday, August 27, 2019|
Announcements made the annual VMworld conference include VMware's cloud offerings, Tanzu, updates to Workspace ONE, along with a study by Forrester Consulting on the cost benefits of moving to VMware Cloud on AWS.
VMware introduced cloud offerings that enable hybrid cloud platforms that empower customers to migrate and modernize applications across clouds, data centers, and edge locations while simplifying cloud planning, deployment, costs, and ongoing operations.
Transforming the Way Enterprises Build Software on Kubernetes
VMware Tanzu, a new overarching portfolio of products and services that enables the building of modern apps on Kubernetes. The first product is Tanzu Mission Control, which allows operators to see the health of their entire Kubernetes footprint and more.
A technology preview of Project Pacific, which converges Kubernetes, containers, and VMs into vSphere, reimagining the product as a native Kubernetes platform.
New Innovations Across Workspace ONE
VMware unveiled several updates to Workspace ONE including:
- Workspace ONE Concierge Services to personalize and simplify employee experiences, featuring an AI-powered virtual assistant.
- VMware Horizon Services for Multi-Cloud that will enable IT admins to automate brokering and management across multi-site environments
- A tech preview of Digital Employee Experience Management, a new Workspace ONE Intelligence service for automatic issue detection
- New integrations with platforms including Windows 10, Dell Technologies, Apple, Google, and Okta
- Workspace ONE Trust Network support of Carbon Black, Lookout, and Netskope
VMware Cloud on AWS Customer Momentum
VMware also commissioned a study by Forrester Consulting on the cost benefits of moving to VMware Cloud on AWS, which found that customers can save 59 percent in operational costs with VMware Cloud on AWS versus the equivalent capacity in a traditional data center.
NVIDIA and VMware announced their intent to deliver accelerated GPU services for VMware Cloud on AWS to power modern enterprise applications, including AI, machine learning and data analytics workflows.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more