The Best Day to Launch or Market Your iOS App
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
So what day is the best day to launch your iOS app or to gain downloads? You have seven chances to get the answer right. And the answer is (drumroll please) … it depends on your type of app.
The iOS app download and revenue analysis covered here was derived from a recent research study conducted by Sensor Tower, an app marketing intelligence company. According to a recent post on the company blog:
“We knew the day of the week tendencies of a few categories, but we wanted to give an exact answer. So our Data Science team did a study of all the primary iOS categories to find out which days of the week typically have more estimated downloads and revenue. We totaled the estimated weekly downloads and revenue for all iOS apps in the US, for each category. Then we broke down the downloads and revenue by day to see what percentage of the weekly total happened on each day. This data is for January through March, 2015.”
So what did they find? Here is a partial rundown of the findings:
- Books Category: Sunday was the best day for both revenue and downloads.
- Business Category: Wednesday slightly edged Thursday for revenue while Tuesday and Thursday were the best days for downloads.
- Education Category: Sunday slightly edged Saturday for revenue and downloads.
- Entertainment Category: Saturday slightly edged Sunday for revenue and downloads.
- Finance Category: This category was interesting in that Sunday was the best day for revenue, with Saturday and Monday close behind. However for downloads, weekdays were higher.
- Games Category: The weekend was clearly the best time for revenue and downloads.
- Health and Fitness Category: Weekends showed a slight edge for revenue and downloads with Friday being a day to avoid.
Read more: https://blog.sensortower.com/blog/2015/04/02/best-...
Preventing bad app reviews according to Poq Tuesday, October 16, 2018
Game developers get the WRLDS SDK for free Monday, October 15, 2018
NGINX gets new capabilities to help app teams develop and scale Monday, October 15, 2018
Simplifying digital transformation with VANTIQ Modelo 3.0 Friday, October 12, 2018
RAPIDS data access acceleration comes to MapR Friday, October 12, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you