So what day is the best day to launch your iOS app or to gain downloads? You have seven chances to get the answer right. And the answer is (drumroll please) … it depends on your type of app.
The iOS app download and revenue analysis covered here was derived from a recent research study conducted by Sensor Tower, an app marketing intelligence company. According to a recent post on the company blog:
“We knew the day of the week tendencies of a few categories, but we wanted to give an exact answer. So our Data Science team did a study of all the primary iOS categories to find out which days of the week typically have more estimated downloads and revenue. We totaled the estimated weekly downloads and revenue for all iOS apps in the US, for each category. Then we broke down the downloads and revenue by day to see what percentage of the weekly total happened on each day. This data is for January through March, 2015.”
So what did they find? Here is a partial rundown of the findings:
- Books Category: Sunday was the best day for both revenue and downloads.
- Business Category: Wednesday slightly edged Thursday for revenue while Tuesday and Thursday were the best days for downloads.
- Education Category: Sunday slightly edged Saturday for revenue and downloads.
- Entertainment Category: Saturday slightly edged Sunday for revenue and downloads.
- Finance Category: This category was interesting in that Sunday was the best day for revenue, with Saturday and Monday close behind. However for downloads, weekdays were higher.
- Games Category: The weekend was clearly the best time for revenue and downloads.
- Health and Fitness Category: Weekends showed a slight edge for revenue and downloads with Friday being a day to avoid.
Read more: https://blog.sensortower.com/blog/2015/04/02/best-...
This guide titled, "100 Questions and Answers to help you land your Dream iOS Job" can help you through some further questions related to landing a job related to iOS. With 100 Questions and Answers categorized by seniority and with reviews from some of the top iOS engineers worldwide, this book will level up how you make interviews for your favorite platform.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.