Sprint 5G phones include Hatch Premium and cloud gaming
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Sprint 5G smartphones include a complimentary three-month subscription to Hatch Premium and Hatch Cloud Gaming is now available to Sprint 5G customers, it has more than 100 premium games, cloud streaming and the ability to face off with friends in live games and tournaments.
Sprint customers can enjoy instant access to unlimited mobile cloud gaming with Hatch Premium and True Mobile 5G. Hatch, a game-streaming experience specifically designed for mobile 5G networks, will be preloaded on Sprint 5G smartphones. Plus, customers will receive a complimentary three-month subscription to Hatch Premium.
Sprint 5G customers will experience faster speeds, incredible reliability, immediate responsiveness and a wide selection of on-demand mobile games, such as Monument Valley, Beach Buggy Racing and Angry Birds GO! Hatch will be available on Sprint 5G smartphones, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, LG V50 ThinQ 5G, and OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.
Sprint offers its True Mobile 5G service in areas of Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix and Washington, D.C. Sprint 5G covers approximately 2,100 square miles, with approximately 11 million people expected to be covered in total across all nine market areas in the coming weeks, more than any other U.S. carrier to date. When outside of a 5G coverage area, players will still be able to enjoy games and features that Hatch offers on Sprint’s nationwide LTE-Advanced network, which is up to two times faster than before.
Sprint’s customers using a 5G capable phones will receive:
- Unlimited on-demand access to Hatch Premium’s curated portfolio of more than 100 premium mobile games, including Chameleon Run and Monument Valley, the award-winning Crashlands, and exclusive Hatch Originals like Angry Birds GO! Turbo Edition and Arkanoid Rising.
- A rich social gaming experience, including competitive leaderboards and shared gameplay sessions with voice chat.
- The ability to connect with friends and join live tournaments.
- Access to Hatch Kids, a safe space for kids to play, create and learn without any advertising or in-game purchasing.
“With the availability of Hatch on Sprint 5G smartphones, gaming on True Mobile 5G really comes alive. Sprint 5G customers will be able to play games instantly without having to wait to download or update games, a true breakthrough in the mobile universe,” said Bryan Fries, vice president, 5G strategy.
Hatch games can be played instantly over the internet with no downloads or updates necessary. Premium mobile games are streamed to the user through a subscription model instead of incremental in-app purchases, which means that players get instant, unlimited access to premium games without any in-game purchases, limits or paywalls beyond the flat monthly fee.
"We're incredibly proud to deliver our service alongside Sprint 5G. As a 5G mobile game streaming platform, Hatch is one of the first consumer-facing services that demonstrate the power of Sprint’s 5G network. We can't wait for customers to experience it for themselves. Mobile cloud game streaming has long been imagined, and now, in partnership with Sprint, it is a reality," said Nick Thomas, vice president, Commercial Partnerships, Hatch.
After the complimentary three-month subscription ends, Hatch is $7.99 per month per line. Customers can cancel anytime.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more