Software flight recorder tech expands to U.S.
|Richard Harris in Application Testing Tuesday, March 5, 2019|
Trusted by SAP, IBM, Cadence, Mentor, and more to ensure software reliability, Undo expands "flight recorder" capabilities for complex, mission-critical software
Every year, trillions of dollars are lost due to software failures ($1.7 trillion in 2017 alone), and large, publicly traded companies lose billions in shareholder value on the first day that a failure is made public. Gartner estimates that network downtime alone can cost up to $5,600 per minute. With increasing complexity in software development, rapid testing and production schedules, and vastly distributed development teams, the current solutions, including static and dynamic analysis tools, available to rapidly resolve these issues are no longer capable of keeping pace.
Undo Expands Software Flight Recorder Technology and US Team, Bringing Greater Certainty to Software Reliability
- Designed as a “black box flight recorder” for testing, development, and production, Live Recorder gives companies 100% certainty about the factors that led to any software failure, even in the most complex software environments.
- Record and Replay Exact Failure Conditions: Live Recorder removes all uncertainty from conditions that lead to software failures in development or testing. Record and replay the exact conditions in which a failure occurred and then pinpoint the root of the problem. The recording can be played back any time, anywhere, and debugged interactively.
- Reproduce Standalone, Shareable Test Cases: Dealing with software runtime errors in a locked-down enterprise IT environment is a massive challenge because customers are unable to send you diagnostics (logs, data, or core dumps) containing sensitive information which cannot be allowed to leave the premises. The new Live Recorder features protect sensitive customer information and enables developer to debug easily offline back at base.
- Up to 5x Faster Debugging with Fast Forward: Using Live Recorder developers can skip to the end of the recording, where catastrophe usually strikes, and use reverse debugging to start working backwards from that point. The new “Fast Forwarding” feature in Undo’s 4.10 release makes skipping to the end of the recording up to 5x faster than in previous releases, reducing developers’ time to debug.
- Turn “Time to Resolution” into “Instant Certainty”: With millions of dollars at stake, software reliability is directly linked to relationship management. Time-to-resolution is critical to protecting relationships with valuable customers. Live Recorder reduces time-to-resolution and removes all guesswork when communicating problems and solutions to a client.
“When you’re providing mission-critical software, it’s not unusual to be dealing with confidential customer information, and that’s where remote functionality becomes vital,” said Barry Morris, CEO of Undo. “Adding these capabilities is a part of our larger focus on making remote diagnostics feasible in secure IT environments and simplifying the process of fixing software failures in complex, multi-process and distributed systems.”
Undo is trusted by some of the world’s largest technology companies including SAP, Cadence Design Systems and Mentor Graphics with a greater than 95 percent renewal rate. Customers rely on Undo to identify and address the cause of a software failure with absolute certainty, which dramatically reduces the time-to-resolution.
“Ultimately, the goal of any software company is to deliver software with the highest possible value to their customers. Looking at increasingly complex system software, such as database management systems, delivering software that is completely free of defects is virtually impossible,” said Dr. Alexander Böhm, Chief Development Architect, SAP HANA “With Undo Live Recorder, we were able to dramatically cut down the analysis time that is required to understand the root cause of very complex software defects."
To accommodate increased demand from U.S. companies, Undo also announced its official expansion into the states with a new office in San Francisco. Having a physical presence in the Bay Area allows Undo to be closer to the center of the industries in which its technology is most frequently used.
Its U.S. expansion comes on the heels of a record year of growth for the company, during which it raised a $14 million Series B funding round and brought on Morris as CEO. Morris brings over 25 years experience working in enterprise software and database systems, founding NuoDB in 2008, scaling start-ups and publicly held companies alike. Morris, also served as CEO of distributed service-oriented architecture (SOA) specialists IONA Technologies between 2000 and 2003, and built the company up to $180m in revenues and a $2bn valuation.
Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.