12/4/2014 11:00:12 AM
New Study Finds That Risky Mobile Behavior Is Conducted By Employees
Ponemon Institute,Accellion,risky mobile behavior,mobile devices,security
https://appdevelopermagazine.com/images/news_images/Mobile-Behavior-Is-Conducted-By-Employees-App-Developer-Magazine_96yd5z9h.jpg
App Developer Magazine

New Study Finds That Risky Mobile Behavior Is Conducted By Employees



Richard Harris Richard Harris in Enterprise Thursday, December 4, 2014
7,704

Ponemon Institute and Accellion, Inc. have conducted new mobile research and have found that employees are participating in risky mobile behavior, with nearly 90 percent being able to access confidential information on mobile devices. The new workplace of today requires solutions which will allow employees mobile workflows that are able to introduce the security risks. 

The study, The Security Impact of Mobile Device Use by Employees, also indicated that only 20 percent of survey respondents say they have received security training for mobile content access and management in the workplace and of those, 74 percent say it was not effective in reducing the security risks created by the use of mobile devices.

Unapproved mobile apps was also highlighted within the study. A total of 66 percent of respondents have downloaded and used mobile apps that do not have the approval of their company. 19 percent of respondents made sure the apps they downloaded did not contain viruses or malware and 22 percent of respondents think such behavior puts their company at risk

Productivity resulted at 62 percent with direct and convenient mobile access to corporate information as being essential. The remainder 38 percent said the use of mobile devices makes them more efficient and the time it takes to do their job is reduced by an average of 30 minutes.

Employees are unaware of  risks such as using unapproved apps at work. To improve the environment, the study results also found that productivity is important. Employees are using their mobile devices to be more productive, however the users did deny putting their company‚Äôs confidential information at risk when using BYOD.



Read more: http://www.accellion.com

Get your Pi Day 2019 Shirt

Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.

475 Tax Deductions for Businesses and Self-Employed Individuals

Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.

A hands-on guide to mastering mobile forensics for iOS and Android

Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.

Gps tracker for kids

The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.

The Latest Nerd Ranch Guide (3rd Edition) to Android Programming

Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.