New solutions to modernize app development on GCP
|Richard Harris in Cloud Services Tuesday, April 16, 2019|
Atos and CloudBees announce a partnership that creates a more simple approach to software delivery.
Atos and CloudBees came together at Google Cloud Next '19 to announce a new partnership that offers a joint solution to help customers modernize their application development practices on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The solution is an integrated service that makes oversight of the software development environment easy and provides a managed platform for the software delivery process. With the adoption of this managed service offering, customers gain greater business agility, scalability and reduction in IT spend to build and automate development pipelines.
Together Atos and CloudBees bring a unique set of capabilities to organizations in their digital transformation journey with Google Cloud Platform:
- Application Transformation Services from Atos helps teams modernize applications, as well as the way they are delivered and managed.
- A cloud-native continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) platform from CloudBees, powered by Jenkins and Jenkins X, that fully leverages Google Cloud technologies in the cloud or on-premise.
- Google's leading cloud technologies leverage industry standards like Kubernetes and Istio.
"As a global digital transformation leader, we look forward to working closely with CloudBees and Google Cloud, two acknowledged leaders in their respective fields," said Michael Kollar, senior vice president for cloud engineering, Atos. "We ultimately help organizations better harness the power of DevOps and transform application development methods from a traditional approach to a model that enables hybrid / multi-cloud development."
Through this partnership, Atos – one of Google Cloud's largest managed service providers – is building a DevOps platform on Google Cloud Platform, powered by CloudBees Core. The solution will include a new set of application and data services, including several services focusing on the end-to-end lifecycle of applications; full automation and provisioning of the service to include CloudBees Core deployed in a hybrid manner on Google Cloud Platform; and automated upgrades, including CloudBees Core on Kubernetes.
"As forward-looking organizations continue to focus on digital transformation initiatives, they are increasingly seeking assistance from trusted service providers for the management of their DevOps operations," said Francois Dechery, chief strategy officer, CloudBees. "By combining the power of a large managed service provider and a leading global cloud provider with our CI/CD solution, we're helping customers to more effectively and efficiently modernize."
"We're proud to work with both Atos and CloudBees to help enterprises modernize through DevOps," said Kevin Ichhpurani, corporate vice president, global partner ecosystem at Google Cloud. "Our work together makes the best of CloudBees available on GCP, which customers can deploy seamlessly across on-prem and public cloud platforms. This collaboration is a great example of how we're able to create new value for customers through our partner ecosystem."
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more