Mozilla Temps App Developers With Round 2 of Free Firefox Phones
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Mozilla has restocked its phone inventory and is again enticing developers to port their current HTML5 app. The company is not guaranteeing a free phone and not all applicants will qualify.
To get in on the program a developer has to be able to point to a live HTML5 app through a URL for a web site, a code repository, or an app platform such as Amazon Web Apps, Blackberry WebWorks, Chrome Web Store, WebOS, or the PhoneGap store. For HTML5 apps that were wrapped with a native skin to distribute to the iTunes, Google Play or another app market, developers have to show which platform (Appcelerator, PhoneGap, Sencha) that was used.
Developers can sign up at https://mozhacks.wufoo.com/forms/phones-for-app-ports and show the app to be submitted. If it's selected by their reviewers, they will send you a Geeksphone Keon Firefox OS Developer Preview phone and one of their technical evangelists will help complete the port and submit it to the Firfox OS marketplace. There’s a limit of one phone per app proposal.
Read more: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/09/calling-all-app-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more