iOS Developers Can Offer Video Playback and Other Features Natively With JW Player SDK
|Richard Harris in iOS Sunday, April 5, 2015|
JW Player has released its SDK for iOS which enables publishers to build video playback and advertising features into native iOS apps. The Android version of the SDK was released in January. The platform provides the ability to offer curated video content, encrypted live TV streams, live radio streaming, and video advertising.
Apps built with the SDK will integrate with the JW Platform video hosting, streaming, and analytics services. JW Player does not require developers to use its platform services as the JW Player SDK for iOS can access video content that is hosted anywhere.
The release offers the following features:
- Adaptive HLS video streams for optimal bandwidth efficiency on any network
- Video resolutions up to 1080p HD
- Live and on-demand media streaming
- VAST pre, mid, and post roll advertising, with skippable ad units
- AES encryption for HLS content protection
- Progressive download MP4 (single/multi-rate)
- User-selectable and API-controllable playback quality
- Audio-only streams (AAC, MP3, HLS audio)
- Customizable video player controls with full screen mode
- Video playback and ad impression analytics APIs
- Configurable poster image for video player
- Portrait and landscape mode streaming w/ device rotation
- Delivered as an iOS Framework for easy integration
- Tested on iOS 7.1.2 and 8.1.1 on popular devices
- Includes a basic sample app in Objective C and Swift with XCode project to get started
The JW Player SDK for iOS is licensed under an annual contract with a monthly subscription fee.
Read more: http://www.jwplayer.com/