Google Strengthens Its Position in Mobile Carrier Messaging
|Stuart Parkerson in Android Monday, October 5, 2015|
Google is betting that Rich Communications Services (RCS) can still be a place to be for carrier mobile messaging and has acquired Jibe Mobile to leverage the company’s RCS services.
The move puts Google in a position to strengthen its relationship with mobile operators, communication networks and device makers in the Android ecosystem. Jibe’s communications cloud supports RCS, iWebRTC, and joyn offering interoperability for IP-based communications services including video calling, group chat and media-file sharing. Jibe’s customer base includes Sprint, Deutsche Telekom, and Vodafone.
Tsahi Levent-Levi runs a WebRTC centric blog and has done an interesting and thorough analysis on the impact of the acquisition in a recent post. Its worth checking out.
Read more: http://www.jibemobile.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more