GenieDB Helps Define What Database as a Service Really Is
Friday, March 14, 2014
What is Database as a Service (DbaaS)? It's cheating in the development game is what it is. But cheating in a good way. If you could deploy new databases quickly, cost-effectively, and without the hassles of database administration, and all the while taking credit for all that good work, well it might not actually be cheating but at the very least, it’s smart.
So all of that sounds good, but how does it actually work. You might have a good idea, and may already be using a DbaaS provider. Even so, it’s worth taking your time to check out an article by Victor Cheung, Marketing Manager at GenieDB. Titled DBaaS 101: What It Is and What to Expect. The article is a great read on the rationale of DbaaS, covering the opportunities the service offers from a big picture standpoint.
It’s a good read, check it out.
Read more: http://www.geniedb.com/dbaas-101-what-it-is-and-wh...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more