Recently Audiokinetic released the latest version of its Wwise audio engine for interactive audio content used by the interactive media and gaming industries. It features an optimized run-time sound engine and an audio authoring application for creating and managing game audio content.
This latest version, Wwise 2015.1, focuses on runtime performance optimizations and authoring workflow improvements including the integration with Steinberg’s Nuendo 7 to expand the audio production workflow. Wwise offers integration into major game engines including Unity, Unreal 3, Unreal 4, CryEngine, plus Marmalade and platforms including Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation, PlayStation, PlayStation Vita, Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, and Wii U.
New features and enhancements to Wwise 2015.1 include:
- Integration with Steinberg Nuendo 7
- Multiple customizable platforms per target SDK
- New event actions: “Post Event” and “Reset Playlist”
- Background User Music management
- SoundFrame additions
- More flexibility in Conversion Settings
- Streaming optimizations via the pin to cache functionality
- CPU optimizations for RTPC
- Significant Vorbis CPU performance improvement on most platforms
Wwise Authoring Workflow Improvements
- Events and target objects are now viewable in the Advanced Profiler
- RTPC Tab: Watched game objects now display cursors in the RTPC graph view
- Incremental SoundBank generation for faster build times
- Content filtering in certain views
- Batch renaming capabilities
Pricing starts at $750 USD and is tiered by the total production budget of a project. For indie games containing a maximum of 200 media assets, Wwise is free.
Read more: https://www.audiokinetic.com/products/wwise/
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.