CocoaPods is Now Primary Channel to Acquire Google SDKs for iOS
|Richard Harris in iOS Monday, June 1, 2015|
Google has announced that CocoaPods will now be the primary channel to acquire Google SDKs for iOS. CocoaPods is a free dependency manager for iOS that simplifies the process of importing libraries and frameworks into Xcode as well as helping manage dependencies between Google various libraries.
With the announcement, some of Google’s key libraries, like Google Cloud Messaging and the Google Maps SDK for iOS can now be found on the public CocoaPods service. And as new iOS SDKs are announced, they will be packaged and documented as Pods and published on cocoapods.org.
Read more: https://developers.google.com/ios/cocoapods
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more