Apple Allowable iOS App Size Just Went from from 2GB to 4GB
|Richard Harris in iOS Monday, February 16, 2015|
Of obvious interest to iOS developers is the news that Apple has increased the allowable app size from 2GB to 4GB. That’s a big jump and while most app developers won’t want to take up that much room on a users phone, its does provide more flexibility.
Here is what Apple says: The size limit of an app package submitted through iTunes Connect has increased from 2 GB to 4 GB, so you can include more media in your submission and provide a more complete, rich user experience upon installation. Please keep in mind that this change does not affect the cellular network delivery size limit of 100 MB.
In other iOS news Swift 1.2 and Xcode 6.3 beta have been released. You can learn more about that announcement here.
Read more: https://developer.apple.com/news/#article-02122015...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more