App Annie Releases Q3 Portable Gaming Report Shows iOS App Developers Still Make More in Gaming Revenue
Friday, December 6, 2013
Included are a variety of charts and analysis of the changes seen in smartphone market share, as well as the overall performance of apps by downloads and revenues on mobile devices as they relate to games.
The report demonstrates that games represented 40% of downloads in Google Play and iOS. The share of consumer spending on games in Google Play grew incrementally from 2Q13 to 3Q13, but dipped for iOS.
Android was not too far behind Apple’s popularity as the preferred mobile/handheld gaming device, but iOS generated three times Google Play’s game revenue in the US.
Other results included the finding that Amazon’s Kindle Fire was more popular than Android tablets that use Google Play as a mobile/handheld gaming device in the US
For iOS, app categories other than games showed greater worldwide revenue growth from Q2 2013 to Q3 2013 on iOS when compared to gaming categories.
Read more: http://blog.appannie.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more