Android Personalization Apps Could Be Key To App Discovery
|Richard Harris in Marketing & Promotion Monday, March 10, 2014|
Simon Khalaf, President and CEO of Flurry, has written a recent column on the ongoing change in the discoverability of information as people move away from the web and towards mobile apps for their information.
In the old days people would search a term and find websites that would provide that information. Search engines crawled websites and most of the time did a decent job of returning the relevant info. Now with mobile and the app ecosystem, this information is hidden within this app universe, beyond the reaches of the webot crawlers.
And so we are in a time of transformation and Khalaf suggests that personalization apps may be the key as he discusses research that Flurry did on 4,500 apps in the Personalization Apps category. The company found that there is a growing user desire for “an innovative service that help them discover apps, content, and services around them in a personalized way.” And of course this creates another opportunity for developers.
Read more: http://blog.flurry.com/bid/109266/Android-Personal...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more