Android Gets Enterprise Security With LookoutSamsung Alliance
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Thursday, September 5, 2013|
Lookout has also announced plans to rollout a standalone business product, Lookout for Business, later this year.
Lookout’s contribution to the KNOX platform will include real-time, cloud-based scanning to protect against mobile threats from email attachments, web browsing, and any type of file sharing services.
Samsung’s KNOX platform is an isolated and secure environment within mobile devices, featuring its own home screen, launcher, applications, and widgets. Among the abilities of the KNOX platform is its capacity to create a secure zone on Android powered devices for corporate applications and data. The user’s personal apps and data remain outside the secure zone and are thus kept private.
Enterprise app developers benefit from the KNOX platform through the ability to automatically gain enterprise-grade security for data storage and transmission without new development. Samsung KNOX relieves application developers from having to develop enterprise features such as FIPS-compliant VPN, on-device encryption (ODE), and enterprise Single Sign On (SSO).
Read more: https://www.lookout.com/news-mobile-security/looko...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more