Amazon Mobile Ads API Now Offers iOS App Support for Interstitial and Banner Ads
Thursday, July 24, 2014
The Amazon Mobile Ads API allows developers to display ads from the Amazon Mobile Ad Network in their apps, and now, both interstitial and banner ads can be displayed across iOS devices in addition to Android and Fire OS devices (including Fire phone).
With this release, Amazon is also expanding ad serving to Android and iOS users in the US, the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy.
The Amazon Mobile Ad Network supports interstitial ads as well as banner ad sizes of 300x50, 320x50, and 300x250 for phones and 300x250, 728x90, and 1024x50 for tablets. An app should request a device-appropriate size.
Just as it has been with Android and Fire OS, there are a number of targeting options to include in the requests for iOS and Android sent to the Amazon Mobile Ad Network. In addition to ad unit size listed here, developers can specify geolocation (US only), age and gender.
For a limited time, Amazon is guaranteeing $6 CPM on interstitial ads (up to a maximum of 1 million impressions per app per month) from the first ad request from a qualified app, including iOS apps.
Read more: https://developer.amazon.com/public/community/blog
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more