From the Editors Desk
Hello everyone! It's been a great week in mobile and we've got lots to share with you! The August issue is here officially so be sure and check it out if you haven't already. We have been getting alot of great feedback from the developer community and it's much appreciated!
Top Stories for the week of 8/10/2013
|Easier to Do: Find Bigfoot or Develop the Next Million Dollar App?|
I was talking with our Publisher about a developer he knows that is a genuine, dyed in the wool Bigfoot hunter. If there is a sighting within 500 miles, he's off to check it out. Of course he's never seen Bigfoot, but he's been close (he thinks) plenty of times! It's exciting as a developer to think of the prospect of making a piece of software that can be distributed over millions of devices and turn you into a millionaire. But for every successful app that has generated a million dollars, there are at least thousands underneath it that have never gotten close (still better odds than finding Bigfoot though). Let me prefix this by saying I've never created a million dollar app though I have had some very successful apps. But in the 200 publ... full story
- Unity3D Is Leading The Way For Windows Phone And Blackberry Developers
- Lanica Releases Animo Sprites, A Complete Sprite-Editing Tool Suite For App Developers
- Microsoft Encourages Windows Phone App Developers with App Builder Rewards Program
- Easier to Do: Find Bigfoot or Develop the Next Million Dollar App?
- TodoMVC 1.2 Is Released
- Beginning Game Programming for Teens with Python
- App Developers and COPPA: A Review of the FTC’s Six-Step Compliance Plan
- Amazon Wants HTML5 Developer Apps
- One Click Carrier Billing Payments Now for Firefox Phone Developers Too
- Good Technology Introduces New $5 Per User Monthly Pricing Feature
- Anyone Can Make a Windows Phone App Says Microsoft
- iOS 7 Beta 5 is Available
- App Annie Reports Google Play Exceeds iOS App Store in App Downloads by 10% in Q2 2013
- Appthority Releases Summer 2013 App Reputation Report
- Infusionsoft Announces 2014 "Battle of the Apps" Competition
- Layer 7 Technologies Publishes Enterprise API Report
- App Annie Introduces Mobile App for Developer Analytics
- Distimo Introduces App Trends Data Service
- Flow Corporation Announces New Version of Social Activity Stream Management Solution
- Eight Elements To A Successful Game
- CM First Releases V1.8 SP1 CM WebClient
- AOptix Releases SDK for iOS Mobile Identity System
- Sponsorpay Launches Rewarded Video Mediation Solution
- August 2013 Issue 3 is Here!
This Weeks App Showcase
By Mediaspree LLCMovie Clock for iPhone and iPad delivers the social movie going experience users have been waiting for. Originally developed as a tool to countdown to movies coming soon to theaters, Movie Clock has evolved into a platform for social interaction surrounding movies.