First annual Cookie Jam on Cookie Day
|Richard Harris in Apps Wednesday, November 29, 2017|
Mobile gaming app unveils cookie competition to debut their cookie recipe on their app Cookie Jam.
Starting today, viewers can vote for their favorite cookie recipe on their facebook page share their recipe support through the official #HolidayCookieJam hashtag. The winning recipe will be announced on December 4, National Cookie Day, and will be featured in the Cookie Jam game for the entire month of December.
The History of Cookie Day (December 4th)
In 1987, Matt Nader of the San Francisco-based Blue Chip Cookie Company created Cookie Day. This fun and sweet holiday was also championed by Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Since then, word traveled around the globe that there was much tasty fun to be had on December 4th, and people from many countries now celebrate Cookie Day by getting together and baking (and eating) cookies. In fact, a number of Cookie Day variations such as Oatmeal Cookie Day and Bake Cookie Day are also celebrated around the world.
Fun cookie facts:
- The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in their lifetime.
- More people have played Cookie Jam than there are cars in India
- Cookie Jam has been played more times than the average person will blink in their lifetime.
- Queen Elizabeth I is credited with the creation of the first gingerbread man.
- More people play Cookie Jam every day than live in Costa Rica.
- The world’s largest chocolate chip cookie weighed about as much as eight elephants.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.