The future of cybersecurity in machine learning
|Richard Harris in Artificial Intelligence Sunday, July 30, 2017|
Machine learning and deep learning combined with human security interaction is McAfee's new recipe for success.
“Today’s security teams are facing 244 new cyber threats every minute, amid a serious talent shortage. Siloed security, without automation, managed by overwhelmed teams is not a sustainable defense strategy,” said Raja Patel, Vice President and General Manager, Corporate Security Products, McAfee. “Expanded machine learning and integrated analytics are part of McAfee’s vision for a fundamental shift in the way humans and machines work together to secure our digital world. By aligning the strengths of humans and machines, organizations elevate their operational maturity to better defend against the cyber threats we face today - and tomorrow.”
Machine Learning and Automation
Their technology seeks to improve the way humans and machines work together to protect the digital enterprise, through implementation of an intelligent security platform, that takes advantage of powerful new technologies, such as machine learning and automation. McAfee Advanced Threat Defense (ATD) software now joins the growing portfolio of thier products that incorporate machine learning, including McAfee Endpoint Security with Real Protect and McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI).
The newly released McAfee ATD v4.0 software introduces an innovative deep learning technique to enhance detection and expands advanced analysis capabilities within email attachments, resulting in more comprehensive protection across the network as new threat intelligence and reputation updates are shared throughout the ecosystem.
New enhancements for McAfee Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) include integrated, patented countermeasure-aware risk analysis to help security operations teams identify threats and assess the impact of new vulnerabilities, as well as new support for critical SOC use cases.
New capabilities include:
- Enhanced Machine Learning Detection: Machine learning now bolsters McAfee ATD detection capabilities, resulting in an expanded ability to identify malicious markers that may be hidden, or not fully executed.
- Expanded, Closed-Loop Detection-to-Protection for Email: ATD Email Connector now enables email security gateways to forward suspicious attachments to ATD for analysis, preventing malware from spreading on internal networks.
- Accurate Insight into Exposure and Risk: ESM now improves risk assessment by factoring in active, relevant countermeasures and priority guidance from GTI, providing a more accurate understanding of exposure and potential impact. The new Asset Threat Risk Content Pack 2.0 feature delivers security configuration, compliance posture and patch assessment in a single view.
- Rapid Use Case Deployment: The new McAfee Connect content portal simplifies access to freely available, simple to deploy use cases and solution integrations. Through the portal, their customers can find tools to activate monitoring, detection and incident management tasks, including user behavior analysis and detection of malware exploits and reconnaissance.
- Monitor and Analyze Cloud Activity: Easy incorporation of Microsoft Office 365 actions and events enables monitoring and analysis of user activity within cloud services.
- Improved Business Efficiency: Unified policy management across network and endpoint DLP built upon a common classification engine, dictionaries, regular expression engine and syntax.
- Faster Investigation and Remediation: Simplified incident and case management speeds investigation and remediation of risk or suspicious user behavior by line-of-business data stewards, and information security professionals alike.
- Consistent Event Analysis: Common file, email, web traffic and database analysis across endpoint and network DLP ensure consistent enforcement of corporate data usage policies.
Bridging the silos of crowdsourcing research to build better solutions, faster.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.