Swift Programmers Using Checkmarx Can Now Detect Security and Code Flaws
|Richard Harris in iOS Wednesday, September 7, 2016|
Since launching publicly at Apple’s WWDC in 2014, Swift has soared in popularity amongst programmers and has caught the attention of other major technology players in the process. Google is now even considering implementing Swift as a “first class” language for Android. Facebook and Uber are exploring ways to make Swift more central to their operations, while IBM, Lyft, Firefox, LinkedIn and others have adopted Swift into their projects.
With Swift now available to the open source community there is little doubt that its uptake will grow even more significantly. Considering its meteoric rise in popularity, and the increasing amount of sensitive personal data contained within Swift applications, there is an urgent need to ensure that all projects written in Swift are properly scanned for security, quality and compliance issues.
So to help, Checkmarx just announced Swift language support, providing Checkmarx users with the ability to identify and mitigate security, quality and compliance issues in their Swift code before it reaches production. The new capability adds Swift to the growing list of supported languages that can be scanned for vulnerabilities and compliance issues by Checkmarx’s Source Code Analysis solution, CxSAST.
With this announcement Swift users will be able to:
- Identify, and mitigate security, quality and compliance issues in their Swift code before it reaches production, preventing vulnerabilities
- Prevent high-level security threats including SQL injections (SQLi), reflected XSS, buffer overflows stored XSS and others
- Mitigate the risk of sensitive data breaches, tampering from malicious actors and more
Checkmarx scans Swift code for a wide range of potential vulnerabilities including high-level security threats such as SQL injections (SQLi), reflected XSS, buffer overflows, stored XSS and others.
Adding to the extensive list of 20 programming languages already supported by Checkmarx’s CxSAST, the addition of Swift support complements Checkmarx’s superior support for iOS and OS X applications. Checkmarx’s programming language support is operating system agnostic, which serves as a significant advantage for iOS and Swift development shops that can maintain their code security levels even upon new iOS version releases.
“Checkmarx is committed to keeping up with the most advanced development technologies,” says Checkmarx VP of Products Nir Livni. “Many of our customers already use Checkmarx’s CxSAST to deliver secure mobile applications and Swift language support is part of this coverage. Swift is quickly becoming the most popular mobile development language and I am glad we are able to help our customers introduce new mobile applications while ensuring they are secure.”Click here to read more about how Checkmarx helps to identify and remediate Swift security vulnerabilities as well as a complete language overview.
Read more: https://www.checkmarx.com
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more