BMC Releases New API for Hadoop Application Deployment
|Stuart Parkerson in Agile Tuesday, July 5, 2016|
BMC has announced the expansion of its Big Data offerings with updates to its Control-M for Hadoop solution which now offers a Control-M Automation API, designed to improve Hadoop application deployment agility.
The Control-M Automation API is a set of programmatic interfaces for Hadoop architects, engineers, and developers to use Control-M in a self-service manner within the Agile development release process. Using JSON notation for job definitions, GIT and RESTful APIs for validation, configuration, and deployment, workflow-scheduling artifacts are integrated with preferred tools used to automate the Hadoop application release and deployment process.
This allows Hadoop program teams to shrink the development-to-production cycle, delivering new capabilities to the business faster and increasing the value of their big data initiatives.
The Control-M for Hadoop provides the ability to accelerate Hadoop batch workflows with the following functionality:
- Create jobs, collaborate on workflows, schedule and manage application batch processing
- Modify jobs and view status updates on any browser based device and on mobile iOS or Android devices
- Convert existing Oozie jobs to Control-M, or use Control-M to execute jobs defined in Oozie
- Develop Control-M jobs with Command Line Interface options
- Manage workflows using a simple drag-and-drop interface with a single point of control
- Leverage proactive notifications to identify and resolve critical issues before SLAs are missed
- Easily move data between Hadoop clusters with no need to create new scripts
Read more: http://www.bmc.com/it-solutions/control-m-hadoop.h...