BMC Releases New API for Hadoop Application Deployment
Tuesday, July 05, 2016
BMC has announced the expansion of its Big Data offerings with updates to its Control-M for Hadoop solution which now offers a Control-M Automation API, designed to improve Hadoop application deployment agility.
The Control-M Automation API is a set of programmatic interfaces for Hadoop architects, engineers, and developers to use Control-M in a self-service manner within the Agile development release process. Using JSON notation for job definitions, GIT and RESTful APIs for validation, configuration, and deployment, workflow-scheduling artifacts are integrated with preferred tools used to automate the Hadoop application release and deployment process.
This allows Hadoop program teams to shrink the development-to-production cycle, delivering new capabilities to the business faster and increasing the value of their big data initiatives.
The Control-M for Hadoop provides the ability to accelerate Hadoop batch workflows with the following functionality:
- Create jobs, collaborate on workflows, schedule and manage application batch processing
- Modify jobs and view status updates on any browser based device and on mobile iOS or Android devices
- Convert existing Oozie jobs to Control-M, or use Control-M to execute jobs defined in Oozie
- Develop Control-M jobs with Command Line Interface options
- Manage workflows using a simple drag-and-drop interface with a single point of control
- Leverage proactive notifications to identify and resolve critical issues before SLAs are missed
- Easily move data between Hadoop clusters with no need to create new scripts
How Blockchain is making an impact in healthcare Monday, April 23, 2018
Coinsource attempts to stop Bitcoin fraud Monday, April 23, 2018
You can now rent sports gear with Rental Pal Monday, April 23, 2018
Facebook starts testing for playable ads Monday, April 23, 2018
Facial detection for verified ad views launches from Jinglz Saturday, April 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you