12 Steps to Becoming an Analytics Driven App Developer
|Richard Harris in Marketing & Promotion Thursday, May 15, 2014|
Sourcebits, a development firm that has created more than 500 mobile, web, and cloud applications, has created a new report, Six Essential Analytics Your App Needs. The report details the company’s thoughts on how to create a data program that unlocks user insights and helps developers proactively steer their product. As the company says, ” Go beyond gut instincts and start making strategic decisions supported by facts and hard numbers.”
The report provides these six methods to take advantage of analytics:
- Evaluating User Behavior & Demographics
- Providing Financial Insights
- Analyze By Segment and Cohort
- Measure User Acquisition Performance
- Include A/B Testing and Optimization
- Support Direct, Customized User Messaging
Some of the specific topics covered include:
- How to go beyond “spray and pray” event measurements for user behaviors and demographics.
- Attribution tools for analyzing user acquisition and marketing efforts.
- Strategies to manage complicated financial data and deliver accurate reports.
- The benefits of segment and cohort analysis for product development.
- New opportunities for optimization through A/B testing.
- How to create customized user messages, based on data, to increase engagement.
- An overview of the services offered by the 12 analytics providers.
The report also provides 12 specific steps to being a data-driven developer including: always start with questions; collect smart data; provide actionable data to all and more.
Read more: http://www.sourcebits.com/data-driven-mobile-app-d...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more