zOS includes new automated unit testing capabilities
|Freeman Lightner in Programming Friday, October 25, 2019|
IBM announced new updates to IBM Developer for z/OS with new automated unit testing capabilities for mainframe developers.
"IBM has announced new updates to IBM Developer for z/OS with new automated unit testing capabilities for mainframe developers. For mainframe developers, automating testing is an essential component for true agile development. However, the tools on the market to address this need are limited, and lacking true, complete automation capabilities. IBM Developer for z/OS fills this gap by delivering automated unit testing capabilities and support for CICS Db2 programs," IBM says.
"The IBM Z Open Unit Test includes:
- New support for stubbing out CICS Db2 completely – enabling development shops to successfully automate their testing processes for complex applications.
- New data record and playback capabilities for CICS Db2 programs – which allows developers to rapidly generate test data for unit tests and stub out CICS Db2 calls.
- Automated unit testing capabilities for CICS Db2 that are independent of a debugging tool, reducing the load on the system and system programmers
- Improved user experience for generating and executing automated unit tests," IBM says.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more