Yahoo Creates Yahoo Games Network Platform for Game Developers
|Stuart Parkerson in Monetize Thursday, March 20, 2014|
Yahoo is launching the Yahoo Games Network, new platform for third-party game developers for distribution on the Yahoo network. Yahoo is betting that the 800 million users worldwide (including 400 million users on mobile) will entice developers to follow the Facebook model and launch games in the Yahoo platform.
Through the Yahoo Games Channel and the new SDK, developers will receive onboarding services that help authenticate players, monetize games, provide social sharing, analytics and ongoing operational support. Yahoo will take the standard 30% of revenues purchased through the platform’s Yahoo Games Payments.
The SDK includes: Unity3D Client Library, C# Client Library, Android Client Library, IOS Client Library, and Multiplayer Development Server.
Yahoo will include classic Yahoo games that like Yahoo Poker, Yahoo Pool, and Yahoo Bingo as well as KingsRoad, The Last Stand: Deadzone, Ballistic, Bingo Blingo, Rise of Mythos, Vegas World and Slotomania. Yahoo is also working with Rumble Entertainment, DreamWorks, SGN, ChangYou, Namco Bandai America, Playtika, FlowPlay, Con Artist Games and many more on web and mobile.
Read more: http://gamesnet.yahoo.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more