Redpine Signals has launched the WyzBee platform, a new IoT platform for device makers that includes a flexible hardware platform, development environment and cloud software and services framework.
The WyzBee IoT platform provides the opportunity to reduce the time it takes to develop and bring to market new IoT devices by providing integrated sensing, computing, communicating, power management, cloud and application support.
The compact WyzBee board includes Redpine’s Wireless Secure MCU (WiSeMCU) with multi-protocol wireless module providing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, and ZigBee connectivity, six-axis inertial sensors, an infrared receiver, a debug port, push-buttons, LEDs, USB ports, and WyzBee THING expansion connector. The WiSeMCU module runs an embedded TCP/IP networking stack with SSL/TLS/HTTPS security, apart from complete Wi-Fi, BT 4.1, and ZigBee stacks.
The WyzBee THING expansion headers accommodate a host of other symbiotic devices, with a number of peripherals – called ‘Things’ – already available from Redpine including audio, GSM, GPS, capacitive touch display, rechargeable battery, and additional sensors. The following is a list of currently available THING boards:
- Multi-Sensor (9-axis motion, temperature, humidity, pressure, proximity, ambient light)
- Audio (voice command recognition and response to commands via speech)
- Power Profiler (system level power measurement and visualization)
- Relay (power relay for switching on/off devices)
- GSM/GPRS (Quad band solution)
- GPS (locationing solution)
- Battery (rechargeable battery)
- LCD Display (2.8” capacitive touch display with 240 x 320 resolution)
- AC-DC Convertor (converts AC to 5V DC)
Several other THING boards such as LCD keypad, E-Ink display, smart plug, scope, smart lighting, cloud server, text-to-speech, health sensor, NFC, codec, motor, energy harvesting and more will be launched in the near future.
The application development environment includes integrated stacks (MQTT, CoAP, 6LoWPAN, Thread etc.), analytics engines (big data, streaming, machine learning etc.), widgets (visualization etc.) and other tools needed for embedded firmware, cloud connectivity, data visualization, data analytics, device management and end-application development. Application development is supported with a choice of development environments - IAR, Keil, and the free CoIDE from CooCox.
The WyzBee platform is supported by the WyzBee IoT Cloud, a Redpine hosted cloud framework that offers connectivity, analytics, and user interfaces. The RS9113 chipset integrates PUF-based hardware security block that provides for unique, individual device entities, ensuring that each IoT device can be individually authenticated and software delivered to it that cannot run on any other device.
The WyzBee platform also includes WyzBee Workbench, a debug tool that addresses a common debug need that arises when engineers validate systems that communicate with the cloud. This tool is integrated into the development environment offered for WyzBee and provides a comprehensive debug analysis of data traffic between the device and the cloud. This Enhanced Debugger includes the capability of analyzing all transactions with the cloud, including secure SSL protected exchanges.
Some of the benefits offered by WyzBee Platform to an IoT device maker include:
- WyzBee platform provides a highly optimized single-source solution for IoT device creation that employs product synthesis across hardware, software and cloud deployment
- WyzBee platform supports ultra-low power multi-protocol wireless connectivity (dual band 802.11n Wi-Fi, BT 4.1, ZigBee) for future proofing of devices
- Highly integrated embedded software on-module connects to popular cloud services platforms without the need for third party proxy services using SSL and OAuth 1.0
- WyzBee platform enables power optimized low power wearable designs with power profiler
- Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) security allows for enhanced device authentication and hardware software binding
- WyzBee platform features advanced machine learning capability for assisting application enhancement
The WyzBee IoT Platform kits and WyzBee THING adaptor cards are available from Redpine Signals with the pricing of the base WyzBee platform board starting at $29 per unit. The boards can be directly purchased from the WyzBee site.
Read more: http://wyzbee.com/
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.