Weekly Roundup: New iPhone Arrives, Lagoa and 3DTin, Vision Mobile Report, Nokia Create Contest, and Jolla Sailfish
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Saturday, September 21, 2013|
Top Stories for the week of 9/21/2013
|Assets for App Creation: Leveraging Visual and Audio Resources for App Developers|
When it comes to software development, there are two sides of the creative coin, artistic creativity and technical creativity. Visual design and in some cases audio expertise dominate one side of the coin with skilled graphic designers and artists who design from an aesthetic point of view. On the other side of the coin, you have the programmers and software engineers, who exercise creativity from a technical perspective. They must show the same level of creativity as those working from a visual perspective, but they exercise that creativity in solving technical problems and architecting solutions that meet the needs of their client or audience. Generally speaking, most people would agree that we fall into one side of that equation or the ... full story
- iOS 7 Adoption Trends Ahead of iOS6
- Tapjoy Introduces Rich Media/Video Plus and Partnership with Celtra
- Flurry Releases Crash Analytics So App Developers Can Track Problems Inside Their Apps
- No Gold iPhone 5S For You Until October!
- Apple's iPhone 5 Touchscreen 2.5X Faster When Compared To Google Android Devices
- Lagoa Acquires 3DTin For Even Better Browser Based 3D Apps
- Assets for App Creation: Leveraging Visual and Audio Resources for App Developers
- Browser Based 3D Sketchpad ROMPOLA is Loads of Fun
- Appthority Launches Enterprise Mobile App Risk Management Service
- Distimo Reports Strong Movement in App Markets: Disney’s “Where’s My Water? 2” App Rockets to Top of Apple App Store
- Are App Developers Planning to Charge Current Users for iOS7 Apps?
- Cyanogen Makes a Move to Be The Most Popular Mobile OS By Rebuilding Android
- NARR8 Announces A Cross Platform Publishing Application For Interactive Content
- iPhone 5S Reviews Coming In Early
- Vision Mobile Releases “The European App Economy” Report
- Google Serves a Little Pi to Aspiring App Developers
- Lanica Game Platform: Why App Developers Should Pay Attention
- Nokia’s “Create” App Developer’s Contest Kicks Off
- GestureWorks Game Control Software To Reinvigorate PC Games With Touch Virtual Controllers
- Jolla Announces Sailfish OS Compatibility with Android
- Inneractive SSP Debuts Video in a Box for Mobile Publishers
- Survey Reports Windows Web Developers Struggle with Mobile Conversion
This Weeks App Showcase
AppOps HiddenAppRights 4.3
By elec29aAppOps HiddenAppRights 4.3 by elec29a is one of the smallest apps in the Android Play store but it packs a big punch! It allows you to access the Android 4.3's Hidden App Permission Manager which lets you control the permissions for individual apps on your device. You can turn off permissions for apps that have ads, or access the internet without your permission, and more.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.